Terms & Conditions
- Chesil Beach Angling Tours Limited (hereinafter referred to as the Company) is a limited company incorporated in England number 5286486. The registered office of the Company is 10 Sharpitts, Weston, Portland, Dorset DT5 2HL.
- Completion of any booking or enquiry form does not constitute a contractually binding agreement between the person completing the form and the Company and the Company is under no obligation to provide a tour on the preferred date and time.
- The Company will normally contact customers by telephone to discuss exact requirements and the most suitable location and timing of the proposed tour. Only upon agreement by the Company of the location and timing of a tour will a contract be deemed to exist.
- Upon agreement of the location and timing of a tour the customer agrees to pay a deposit of 50% of the total agreed fees for the tour. Unless agreed otherwise, the Company must be in receipt of the deposit at least 24 hours in advance of the tour date. The outstanding balance must be paid to the guide at the commencement of the tour. Tours cancelled at less than 24 hours notice must be paid for in full. The deposit shall be non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled by the Company for any reason other than as provided for in these terms and conditions.
- Fees for tours are as follows: Beach Trips: £35.00 per person for half day (up to 4 hours); £60.00 per person for full day (up to 8 hours). Rock Trips: £35.00 per person for half day (up to 4 hours); £65.00 per person for full day (up to 8 hours).
- Rods, reels and other tackle can be loaned to you free of charge by the Company for the duration of the tour. Bait will be provided free-of-charge unless specific bait is requested by the customer in which case an additional fee may be levied.
- Rock tours are restricted to customers over 18 who have declared themselves to be fit and healthy. Beach tours (not involving any use of a boat or other craft) are available to anyone over 12 years of age. However, persons under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must provide written confirmation that he/she assumes full responsibility for the conduct, health and safety of the person under 18 at all times while on the tour. Beach tours (involving any use of a boat or other craft) are restricted to customers over 18. Deliberate mis-declaration of the age of any person on the tour may result in the tour being cancelled or curtailed.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that they are wearing appropriate footwear and clothing for the tour they are undertaking. In all cases footwear must be robust and non-slip. Inappropriate dress and/or footwear may result in the tour being cancelled or curtailed.
- If, in the opinion of the guide, weather conditions or the sea state make any location unsafe, the location of the tour may be altered without prior notice.
- When on the tour customers must behave in a responsible manner and follow the instructions of the guide at all times. Failure to do so will result in immediate cancellation of the tour without refund. The consumption of alcohol on tours is strictly forbidden.
- Customers will be required to read and sign a safety briefing at the commencement of the tour. Should a customer fail to sign the briefing the tour will be cancelled and no refund will be due to you.
- By booking a tour with the Company, the customer is paying for the knowledge and experience of the guide and the Company makes no warranty as to success in catching any species or number of seafish.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with English law, and all parties agree to submit to the sole jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Chesil Beach Angling Tours Limited (hereinafter referred to as the Company) has a duty of care to safeguard all children participating in tours organised by the Company from harm.The Company has adopted the following guidelines which are followed, so far as reasonably practicable, on all tours organised by the Company where children are present as part of the touring party.
No person under the age of 12 is permitted on any tour.
No person under the age of 16 is permitted on any tour without the written consent of their parent or legal guardian who must be present for the duration of the tour or have delegated another adult to act in loco parentis (NB. No employee of the Company can be delegated to act in loco parentis). Such delegation must be in writing.
Children must remain in sight of the guide at all times.
Any physical contact between any adult and any child must be strictly limited to that necessary to ensure the childs health and safety. Where assistance may be required by an adult (e.g. for the fitting of PPE), this must be explained fully to the child before any contact and particular care must be taken to ensure that the contact cannot be misconstrued as in any way sexual in nature.
Tour members are fully briefed as to the Companys requirements for health and safety prior to commencement of the tour. These briefings incorporate all relevant provisions of the Companys health and safety policy / business operating procedure. Particular attention is paid to the geographical terrain and weather conditions / sea state when determining whether a location is suitable for a tour when members of the tour party are under 18 years of age. Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted on rock tours at night or in periods of poor visibility.
Persons under 16 years of age are not permitted to handle knives or gaff hooks.
If, in the opinion of the Guide, the conduct of any adult on the tour is inappropriate in the presence of persons aged under 18, or any complaint is made by any person aged under 18 about the conduct of any adult, the tour will be immediately cancelled and full details of the events leading to the cancellation will be recorded by the Company. Any allegation of improper conduct (i.e. any suggestion physical abuse or other harm and whether sexual or otherwise) will be reported to the Police for investigation.
Chesil Beach Angling Tours Limited hold Public Liability Inusrnace. The policy, number ????? is held with ???????.